Servings for 2 members
Time – 1/2 hour
• 1/2 cup cooked Barley
• 1 cup (red, yellow and green)
• 1/2 cup broccoli
• 1 cup Greens (lattice, spinach or Kale)
• 1/2 green peas/alasande kalu/corn
• 2 table spoons of pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds
• Chili flakes (optional)
• 3 table spoon of Olive oil
• 1/2 lemon juice
How to prepare
1. First wash Barley and put it in the cooker. Wait for 2 whistles, once cooker is cooled, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the barley and keep it aside so that it doesn’t stick.
2. If you are using spinach, finely chop it (use raw) and keep it aside.
If you are using kale, cut the kale into strips, add 1 table spoon of olive oil, stir fry it and keep it aside.
3. Cut broccoli into small pieces. Boil in water for 5 minutes. Remove the pieces of broccoli from the boiling water and put it on a plate.
4. Boil fresh or frozen green peas/corn and keep it aside.
5. Chop bell peppers (raw) and keep it aside.
6. Add 2 or 3 drops of ghee in a kadai, fry sunflower and pumpkin seeds together, keep aside or you can also consume it raw.
7. Now mix all the ingredients in a big bowl with the dressing and sprinkle ghee roasted seeds to garnish. Now the salad is ready so dig in and ENJOY.
Note: For cooking Barley. It should be the ratio of 1 cup barley + 2 cups or little less than 2 cups of water. It has to be cooked in the pressure cooker.
Vegetable wraps with rice sheets/cabbage with Peanut sauce
Servings for 2 members
Time – ½ an hour
• 100gms of Paneer, cut into strips and boiled
• 1 Zucchini/cucumber
• 1 Bell Pepper
• 1 Mango
• 1 cup purple cabbage/regular cabbage
• 1 Avocado (optional)
• 1 cup roasted peanuts
• 1 small ginger
• 2 red chilies
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar/jaggery
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 1 teaspoon soya sauce (optional)
• Salt to taste (if you add soya sauce be careful when you add salt because soya sauce has too much of salt)
How to Prepare
1. If you are using cabbage, take only cabbage leaves and boil it. Cook till its translucent in color and immediately put it in cold water. Keep it aside.
If you are using dried rice paper, put the rice paper in a water until it is soft then take it on a counter top and wrap with all the veggies.
2. To make sauce add all the ingredients and grind it in a blender until it is smooth in consistency.
3. Now dip the wraps in sauce and ENJOY.
• 1 Banana
• 1/2 cup Mango
• 1/2 cup Pineapple
• 1 cup Spinach
• 1 cup almond milk/15 almonds
• 1 tablespoon flex seed powder/chia seeds
How to prepare
Add all the ingredients in a blender and grind it to a paste. Add water according to your required consistency. Now it is ready, ENJOY.
Fun Fact about this Green smoothie: It burns the stubborn fat as well.
Note: To prepare unsweetened almond milk, Soak 1 cup of almonds overnight. Next day in a blender, add the soaked almonds, 3 cups of water and 10 cardamums with skin and grind it. Stain through a muslin cloth and store it in a fridge in an air tight bottle for 3 to 4 days.
Detox your body for 7 days and enjoy the results.
You’ll be soaking different kinds of seeds (1 teaspoon) overnight in one big glass of water. Drink that water with the seeds as soon as you brush your teeth.
Day 1 jeera water
Day 2 methi water
Day 3 ajwain water
Day 4 soumph water
Day 5 coriander seeds water (eating seeds is optional)
Day 6 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a glass of Luke warm water (prepared fresh in the morning. If you drink lemon juice with Luke warm water, vitamin C will be absorbed completely by your body)
Day 7 horse gram water (which is high in fibre)
Every Healthy food doesn’t have to be dull and boring. Protein rich options in our food items are extremely beneficial, especially during these times. To cook healthier recipes as simple as possible is our forte’.